Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 November 2013

Cold.

The day started with a heavy frost. But the sun was shining and we were planning to go out for a walk when the sky turned grey and our plans were abandoned. By the time the weather improved Peter had discovered a rugby match on tv so I wrapped up and did some work in the scree garden instead.
Now that it is getting colder I really appreciate the kitchen being kept warm by the rayburn. It was especially nice with the sun shining through the window first thing though we do loses the sun quite quickly at this time of year. The sitting room, and the rest of the house on he other hand are fairly cold. Peter pointed out that he could see my breath as I sat at my pc. No wonder I feel so hot when I get to school. When I go to work I'm still wearing my summer tops with a fleece or cardigan which I usually take off. There has been more talk in the media of a very cold winter, "the worst in 60 years," but who knows what will happen. 
I cooked up a big saucepan of vegetable soup which is more like a stew which we're planning to have for supper. Peter is adding some bacon and cheese to his but I'll have mine without the extra calories. 
When my toes and fingers got too cold to stay outside I came in and made a few Christmas cards with the sea glass I picked up yesterday.

No comments: