Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 November 2013

Wet.

It rained for most of the morning with occasional dry spells and even rarer moments of sun. Peter went off early, first to row and then to coach one of the junior crews. I got up as he left, did my exercises and got on with indoor jobs including making a pot of vegetable soup.
During one of the dry spells I  went to take some scraps to the compost heap. As I opened the door into the porch a small bird fluttered around my head. It was a Blue Tit that must have crept in through the gap under the eaves. It went and hid behind the curtain on the outside door so I had time to get my camera and take a photo before catching the bird in my hand and releasing it outside.
Luckily the cats were all in the kitchen keeping warm by the rayburn. Speedy took up residence in the warming oven for the afternoon. 
It's not even 4.00 and already getting dark and after a longer dry spell it is raining once more.

No comments: