Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 November 2013

Overcast.


The sky was a watery grey today but it wasn't too cold and apart from a few drops it didn't rain. I spent some hours outside clearing all the leaves and twigs from  the gravel of the raised bed by the house. This little robin often watches me when I'm gardening and comes to within a few feet if he thinks that there is the chance of a fat worm or two. I found a couple for him today. 
As he was officially recuperating from yesterday Peter had today off as well. We both had a bit of a lie-in but he went off rowing in the afternoon. I thought I might make a start on cutting down some trees, or at least one, but then I realised how difficult it is with only a bow saw. So I left the tree I was trying to cut down and instead cut a big branch that was leaning out over the stream. As it involved balancing on a mossy trunk 6ft above a stream it would have been tricky to get to it with the chain saw. I'll just have to wait for a day when Peter's hands are good enough to use the chain saw.

No comments: