Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 November 2013

Windy.

The wind was roaring through the trees last night with bursts of very heavy rain crashing down on the conservatory roof. This morning it was still windy but dry, just the kind of weather I like. I turned my usual routine upside down today and was up a ladder cutting back roses at 8.00. I got the job finished and then went back in the house to wash my hair and have breakfast. 
This week I've been having to take an alternative route to work as the workmen are patching up our country road and have closed the road. 
I've been driving along Whitefield Hill and down into the Muddiford valley.  
Cars tend to race along the top of the road and there are few places where you can stop safely but I pulled into a gateway and then climbed up on the gate to see over the high hedge. 
In the distance I could  see the trees growing along the main road at Shirwell.
The road drops steeply into the valley, the sides of which are too steep to farm. Instead there are lots of mature trees and for a short stretch it feels as if you are driving through a golden forest. My other Year 2 class had their first afternoon making mud huts etc which they also enjoyed. I stayed at school until 5.00 getting stuff ready for tomorrow. A quick visit to the Co-Op and home along dark roads. I come home the normal way because the road men have packed up and gone by 5.00. I just drive around the Road Closed signs and then try and avoid the bits they have chopped out of the road surface.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful country roads.