Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 November 2013

Stormy.

The storm raged all through the night and carried on into the morning. The power went out a couple of times in the evening but came back on quickly. We had a couple of brief (10 mins) sunny spells and then it was back with strong winds and rain once more. By this evening the winds have died down but the rain continues. It's been the sort of grey day where you just want to curl up and and do nothing.
I did spend quite a while sorting out my anti-virus protection. It turns out that I have paid for 2 lots of McAfee cover over the last year but neither of them had downloaded properly. It's been sorted out, though with no refund for the time I wasn't covered. I ended up phoning the helpline and handing over control of my PC to the help person which makes me a bit nervous.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta....lovely orchid!!! What is the pink flower? Your hot toddy sounded quite tasty.

Ruta M. said...

It's a schizostylis, a type of hardy lily that grows from a corm and spreads easily. I've got the red ones too but they flower a little earlier. A friend gave them to me from her garden when we first moved here.
The toddy was soothing but with the honey and the whiskey it must be quite a few calories so I can't make them too regular.