Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Frosty.

Quite frosty this morning. Last night when I heard how cold it was going to be I got out of bed and went outside to put a towel over the Rav's windscreen to save Peter the task of getting the ice off in the morning. I was rewarded for this by another clear night sky filled with stars. As I gazed up at the stars there was the bonus of a shooting star flashing across the sky. Then an owl started to hoot in a nearby tree, and it was really loud. We often hear owls but not usually that loud.
Due to once being a stray our cat Speedy attacks all food as if he hasn't eaten for a week (yes he is regularly wormed).  I mean what cat eats a worm tablet simply because it is in a bowl with a few bits of dry cat food? Last night at cat feeding time he was nowhere to be seen. That was most unusual and after about an hour I began to have visions of him flattened on the road. But then he came home and to say that he was bulging was understating the case. He had either eaten a very large rabbit, several trout or had got into a bag of cat or dog food over at the stables.
Even in that rotund state he was begging for food. He licked out the end of a cottage cheese tub, getting it jammed on his face in the process and then wolfed down the tiny portion of dry food that I gave him. He had to spend the night in the conservatory/outside because no way was I going to face the consequences of all that food in the house.
On the way to work this lunchtime I finally came across the road men actually working. They were pouring out new asphalt down by Okewill Cross and had 2 big lorries parked in the road. Only by bending my wing mirror in and jamming the micra against the hedge could I get through -very slowly, past the sticking out back of the lorry. There were only a few inches to spare but I made it. They've dug out a large section right across the road by the Lewis' so tomorrow I'll go the other way in to work.
I had a great 'mud hut' afternoon with the children. At one point they all started singing the songs from the Christmas play. It was so lovely. They only have a week and a half to rehearse so it will be quite intensive if the performance is to be up to its usual standard. After work I went to the Co-Op and picked up lots of fruit and veg reduced by 75%. I also got some pizzas and smoked salmon reduced by 50%. The freezer is now jam packed again.

No comments: