Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 November 2013

Grey,


It's very hard to get out of bed on a Saturday morning. It's so  warm, probably the warmest place in the house, and comfy lying on the memory foam mattress. I can't sit up comfortably in the mornings but I'm happy listening to R4. I have to force myself to get up especially as I know that the first thing I'm going to do is my morning exercises. 3 x 3 minutes of 'the plank' does make me feel I am toning up my tummy muscles which has got to be a good thing. (I do the same again in the evenings.)
It was a miserable looking grey day outside but I was determined to do some outside work, that is until I realised it was raining. A fine drizzle had me finding indoor jobs instead. Planning for school on Monday and then some sewing.
To make our bed cosier we have a fleece under-blanket under the bed-sheet. It's great but has to be tucked back in every day. Mainly I think because the memory foam mattress bulges at the sides. So today I cut up an old sheet and sewed strips onto the sides of the under-blanket so that there is more tucked under which will hopefully keep it in place. I did the sewing by hand as I thought it would be easier than manoeuvering the elasticated edges of a large item through the sewing machine.
Peter has been out rowing for most of the day. In order to get more sea-time they towed the gigs out to Appledore and rowed out to sea from there. Now we are looking forward to our usual evening of watching Strictly.

No comments: