Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 November 2013

Overcast.

Peter was given a clean bill of heath at the hospital so his next check up will be in 3 years. Neither of us were especially worried beforehand but there is always a tiny bit of doubt. They have a monitor so that the patient gets to see the same as the doctor and Peter was surprised to see that he has a small internal tattoo which was put there when they removed a polyp last time. That's a really up close and personal tattoo!
It's still overcast and not too cold. After my visit to the loft yesterday I realised that I could probably fix the dripping overflow pipe which formed the icicle fall last year. I went back up this morning to try and bend the arm of the ball-cock downwards to lower the water level in the tank. Not quite as easy as I hoped. Apart from having to crawl around in the loft the end where the tank is does not have a screwed down solid floor. I was being very careful balancing on the oddments of chipboard resting on the rafters when the piece I was kneeling on snapped. Luckily I was able to move quickly so that I did not end up crashing through the bathroom ceiling. I found a solid plank to kneel on instead. It was quite hard to bend the metal rod downwards without damaging the inflow valve. I managed to bend it a bit and lowered the water level by about 1 cm. I didn't dare do any more.
I dropped Peter off at the hospital on my way to work, had another 'mud hut' afternoon and then left as soon as I could to pick Peter up.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear the good news about Peter!! : )