Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Sunny.

It's been dry and sunny today. I had to go into town in the morning but I had time to wash the car (it was far too muddy even for a country car), and make a start on cutting back the honeysuckle growing on the front of the house. My usual routine is to have my coffee and muesli in front of the pc once I have had a general tidy up in the kitchen. I catch up on emails and Facebook and then start an online puzzle. Today my pc was being my 'work conscience'. It let me sort all my puzzle pieces out but as soon as I put 2 together Google Chrome crashed. I tried different pieces and waiting but every single time it crashed. In the end I took the hint, closed down my pc and got on with my jobs.
After going to the Post Office I did some shopping at Tescos then parked at Lidl's so that I could pop into the pet shop to buy some hay. 
 The medieval Long Bridge built in 1280.
 Looking across to Rock Park and the gracious Georgian river front houses.
I'm already stocking up on Christmas goodies at Lidl's but these giant grapes were a treat for today. (The egg is to show just how big they are.)
At school it was the first session of 'Making a Maasai Village.' One group made clay hut walls, another made the roofs (hence the hay), another made clay and stick fences and the last group made people and animals for our village. Quite a messy afternoon especially as I was on my own in the class but the kids enjoyed themselves.
As I was tidying up in the classroom and displaying the bits they had made I looked out of the window to see this sunset.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I like to do online puzzles too though I haven't done any for a while. I do them on Jigidi. Do you do them there?

It was cold and snowy here today.

Ruta M. said...

Yes, I started with Jigidi after you mentioned the site on your blog. A couple of my friends now use Jigidi as well.