Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 November 2013

Cold.

This morning's blanket of cloud helped to warm things up a bit. I was a bit grouchy first thing as I don't usually have to get up at 6.30. I grumbled at Peter because he made our morning cuppa 10 mins later than usual, then I grumbled some more because he failed to telepathically note that I needed some clothes brought up from the kitchen (where they had been drying over the rayburn). 
I lost my bad mood on the way to work when as always I enjoyed a quick glimpse of the sea beyond the hills. I had a busy day in a Year 2 class. We are now at the time of year when small groups keep disappearing off for costume fittings or line rehearsals not to mention the children going out for extra work in small groups. I decided it would be sensible to use the afternoon to finish off the morning activities. With some children 'playing schools' on the carpet (actually working on division problems) and  other finishing off tasks, working on the pcs or playing in the role play area it must have looked a bit chaotic when the headteacher brought round some parents to view the school.
It was bright and sunny in the afternoon and the clear evening sky made for a pretty sunset on the way home. The roadworks continue and on some bits of the road you have to steer carefully to avoid dropping into the holes they have cut in the road surface.
I guess it will be a cold night tonight.
Coming down our bit of hill I noticed that the little holes have been filled in with new tarmac. Paul must have persuaded the workmen to sell him some of their left over tarmac. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Again, your photos are a feast for my eyes. Thank you.