Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 November 2013

Grey & Miserable.

I wasn't bothered by the weather as today I was being a lady of leisure. I slept until 8.00 as Peter had a day off work. (Handy as the poor chap is going down with the same cold that I have.) Then I was off to meet with 5 friends at a smart garden centre just outside Barnstaple.
I drove there along the back roads and although I wasn't able to take a shot of the view down Whitefield Hill with the usual single cloud sitting in the valley under the cloud layer, I stopped later on near Marwood to take some  pictures.
From the gateway on the right hand side I got some good views of Barnstaple. 
Here's a close up showing some of the places I mention regularly. 
The garden centre does have some plants and gardening tools but most of it is filled with good quality but pricey 'stuff'. EG. plain coloured wellies £45, designer stainless steel & leather armchair £499, military lace-up boots £90, fluffy lined jacket £50, walking jacket £110. A bit out of my league.
I couldn't help walking around all the Christmas decoration even though we will probably be minimalist again this year.
The cafe is pleasant and we spent the whole morning chatting and generally having a good time. I indulged in a piece of banofee pie but as I'm on a diet had an ordinary coffee instead of a cappuccino. Dieter's logic.
One of my friends told me that Sainsbury's had fluffy tops so afterwards I drove right across town and bought a fluffy top and some wellies for the beach. At £18 each they were much better value and on top of that there was a 25% store discount. I needed new beach wellies because my beloved grey polka dot ones have literally cracked up and are beyond repair even with super glue.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Liked how you labeled the places!!
Nice boots!!