Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Birthday Romas.


 ROMAS
My youngest is 25 today.

Here he is (on the right) with Vytas, indulging in a friendly bit of warfare when they were home in February. After he finished his Masters degree he continued to live in Stoke, working first in a supermarket and now as a warehouse man while playing in a band, composing his own music and working on a big project with his friends. The project is to open an indoor skatepark in an old factory. They have finally got all their funding and will be starting to build this month. He is such a hard worker and even today is working a 12 hour shift.
Skateboarding is a passion he shared with Linas. How good that he is building himself a future doing something he enjoys so much. Being so far away we don't get to see him that much but every now and again I watch his skateboarding videos, (yes he is dyslexic though it didn't hold him back at college or uni).
We are very proud of this young man and also very grateful for the way he came home immediately and looked after us when we were devastated by the loss of Linas.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I hope Romas has a wonderful day. Loved the photos. I, too, tried different methods of weed destruction. Boiling water, especially w/salt added worked very well. Shall give vinegar a try. I love my birds and don't want to poison anyone so using a weed killer for me is not so great. However, there are areas in my yard that I have to used chemicals. I am at a stage in my life where wedding is getting pretty difficult so I keep trying ways to stay off my knees. Happy Birthday to you Ruta, I hope this day brings you many happy memories.

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Romas.
My son was into skating big time when he was a kid and still does it. He's 41 now!