Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 October 2013

Thunder.

The day started nice and sunny but no sooner had I started weeding than everything went grey and down came the rain. Then followed a couple of hours of rain and thunder mixed with dry spells (there goes that squirrel again!). I was out weeding during each dry spell and eventually the sun came out. I can now say that the whole of the rocky bank has been weeded.  
While I was weeding I could hear the plaintive crying of the kitty-from-next-door. She is fascinated by our cats and yesterday she was making advances to Speedy. But woe betide if Elwen or Squeaky are outside. They will not tolerate another female on their territory and yesterday the kitty did get beaten up. Elwen did go and investigate today but as long as the kitty is on the other side of the invisible line between our properties she is safe. Elwen does have a big patch of mud on her back so I wonder if she had an embarrassing fall as she chased the kitty through the mud.

No comments: