Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 October 2013

Stormy.

Well, we survived the storm without a scratch. No loss of power and not even a branch down. We must have missed the worst of the storm which although it did not reach the severity of the Great Storm did cause over 600,000 homes to lose power and this afternoon there were still over 200,000 homes without power. Although we did not get the strong winds we had plenty of rain but my uber dam did its job and diverted all the water away from the drive. I slept very lightly last night and kept waking up, no doubt my subconscious was expecting something to happen. This morning I felt very tired and planned a quiet day. I thought it was because of all the work I did yesterday and the bad night but then I realised I'm going down with a cold, the first of the winter. Yuck, just when it is half-term too but then I wouldn't really want to have to go to work either.
The rain and winds have persisted through the day with the occasional burst of sun. I had to drive the rubbish up to the road and I was surprised by the strength of the wind. 
These 3 pictures were taken at the same spot, just looking in different directions. 
Apart from putting things back into the conservatory I haven't done much today. I did chop up and cook all the windfall apples I picked yesterday but then I collapsed in an armchair and watched several episodes of Downton Abbey. That is one programme Peter will not watch with me. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you didn't get the worst of the storm.
Hope your cold passes quickly.
Love that first picture of the clouds.