Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mostly Wet.

We've had a lot of rain today but in between the showers I was able to make a start on weeding at the scree garden. As I didn't get round to replacing the mortar around the slabs the gaps have filled with leaves and make the perfect place for weeds to sprout. Vytas rang me on Skype this morning but for some reason we couldn't get either camera to work so it was voice only. Still lovely to speak to him.
Sorry about the blurry picture but I was driving to work when I saw Andrew Lewis moving some small calves. I was still driving while I fished out the camera and took a photo! At school it was the Year 2's again. Quite a bit of confusion between towns and countries as we talked about their addresses. One child suggested that we should put phone numbers on the envelopes because everybody has a phone. Some of the envelopes had rather too much glue applied so that they were stuck flat but hey, it's all a learning curve. The rain caught us out at playtime. We have a 10 break in the afternoon (longer if it is nice). It was fine as we left the classroom so nobody had coats on but by the time we walked around to the front playground it started to rain. We sent the children back to get their coats but the rain got worse, to the point when we were about to give up and go back to the classrooms when suddenly it all stopped and the sun came out.
The winter flowering jasmine has put out the first cheery yellow flowers.

No comments: