Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 October 2013

Showers.

Although quite warm it has been raining on and off all day. In between (& during some) showers I've been out in the garden getting some weeding done. Cutting back the taller flowers made me notice where small weeds had started to spring up again and it would be good to clear them before the winter. At least the ground is so soft pulling the weeds out is easy.
The 3 plum tomato plants in the conservatory are finally giving us some ripe fruit. They do smell and taste better than the shop bought tomatoes but I don't think you save much money unless you grow more plants and from seed. I've had some melon for my snack and Peter is cooking up our entire potato crop for his supper. 

No comments: