Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 October 2013

Sunny Afternoon.

It's a good thing I mowed the lawns yesterday because the day started with a slight drizzle. Peter went off to row and then coach the juniors so I topped my gardening clothes with a scruffy waterproof jacket and went out to get on with some weeding. The light drizzle turned into heavier rain for a while but I carried on and halfway through the afternoon the sun came out.
I'm feeling quite satisfied with today's efforts as I managed to weed all the heather banks and the paths too (everything to the right of the steps). Still lots more weeding to do, and the autumn cutting back before I will feel that the garden is bedded down for the winter. Late last might I heard that one newspaper at least is predicting a severe winter starting next month. Yikes, I better stock up on the things we can't do without; cat food, oats, tea, potatoes,onions & chocolate. Actually years of feeding 3 lads with enormous appetites plus friends and visitors means that my cupboards and chest freezer are well stocked as I can't get out of the habit of buying stuff that's on special offer.
After hours of weeding I had to  give myself a break watching mindless tv snacking on some melon which Peter had brought home for me. I have done some drawing for tomorrow but I was diverted back to copying design sketches from LOTR. Right now the sun is going down and the clouds are looking pretty in pink.We'll be watching Strictly under warm throws.

No comments: