Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 October 2013

Sunny.

I took a chance that the forecast for a dry day was correct (it was) and got some sheets washed and out on the line before I went to work. A crisp cold day got the washing dry by the time I returned home at 6.30. I was so late home because I had stayed in school to stick work into books and after that I drove across town to Tescos. As well as doing my shopping I had a flu jab there. The kids at school are so germy and if I'm ill I can't top up my wages with extra supply work. The cost of a flu jab goes down each year which is a pleasant change from the norm where everything keeps going up and up while our wages increase by 1%. Funny how an 'independent' committee awarded MPs 12% on top of their already generous pay.
Driving home the clouds had been changing from shades of gold to pink and glancing in my rear view mirror I saw shafts of golden light streaming through the breaks in the clouds. You can't really stop safely on the main road so by the time I was at my usual gateway the sunset was a little less spectacular. 
Still quite pretty. Those dark shapes at the bottom of the wind turbines are full size trees, gives a little idea of the sheer size of the turbines. 
Turning into our drive there were more pretty views which I couldn't resist photographing. 
At home I found the washing had dried and it's now been ironed and put back on the bed which is good as it is my favourite set.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely pics, Ruta, the clouds appear to be pressing down on the earth. As for the turbines, amazing how large they are. We see them here in Michigan usually while zipping away on the freeway. It's difficult to be a good perspective of their size. Thanks.