Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 October 2013

Sunny.

The sun came out today so we went for a walk around Morte Point. It was very pleasant to be walking on such a bright warm day.  
We saw a couple of fishermen out in small boats baiting their lobster pots. 
Down in the gully a couple of seals swam around lazily. We stopped at our usual spot for coffee and to take in the view.
Back home I spent a couple of hours in the garden tidying up the rocky slope. It wasn't that peaceful once the rooks started gathering in the tree on Paul's land. Their harsh cawing was tempered by the  gentler sounds of a wood pigeon cooing in a tree nearby. All these birds are so noisy. Last night a pair of Barn owls were calling to each other. One of them was calling from a tree just across the stream (where I cut down the trees the other day), and the other one was very close too. I opened the window to check where they were and even though it was too dark to see them I heard the swish of wings as one flew over the conservatory before they flew off to do their courting somewhere else.
For some time I've been putting together one of Linas' Puzz 3-D puzzles. He used to buy them on eBay, make them and then sell them on but this was one of the ones he had kept. I will sell them on but the only way to make sure all the pieces are there is to build them. It is a challenge to build the sections without looking at the instructions but I'll need to check how to put them all together. It has been challenging but also brought back bitter-sweet memories as Linas and I sat at the same table last summer working on his Taj Mahal puzzle.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Looks like a lovely walk!!
I've put many jigsaw puzzles together but have never tried a 3D one. Looks like quite a challenge.

Harriet said...

So much in life is bitter sweet.