Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 October 2013

Bright and Breezy.

The cold wind dried off the grass quite quickly so after making some flapjacks I set to work on the grass.
The grass looks so much better when  it's cut especially as the mower picks up all the leaves that have drifted down from the trees. I thought I would do the job properly and got out the strimmer to tidy up the steps and paths on the bank. It was then that I had a slight mishap with the strimmer. Not with the cutting line, I'm extra careful with that but I managed to pinch the ball of my thumb in the lever and rip off some of the skin. That was a big owie but I was brave and after sticking a plaster on my copiously bleeding thumb carried on and strimmed down most of the growth in the wild flower meadow as well. That end of the garden is mostly wet clay so it wouldn't even sustain a proper lawn.
This rampant geranium is looking good right now and I can't help thinking it would look even better with  a clump of Michaelmas daisies growing nearby. A couple of the gardens on the way to work have some good varieties with much stronger colours than the usual pale lavender.

By the afternoon the cats had gathered in the kitchen with Speedy grabbing the warmest spot, pressed right up against the rayburn. Time for me to don fleecy pyjamas in the evenings.

No comments: