Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 October 2013

Mild.

 The view from my PC.
 I saw the squirrel again this morning as he made his way to the cob nut trees behind the house.
We had rain in the night but the day has been mostly dry and quite mild. While Peter went off to row I carried on weeding the paving around the scree garden. The 2 worst sides are done now. When he came back Peter gave me a hand to carry the round garden table up to the shelter for the winter. In case this storm does hit us I pulled some big branches out of the stream ( a failed attempt to protect the water pipe that is also in the stream) and then cleared any blockages along the stream. That included sneaking next door and clearing branches from the 2 concrete pipes the stream flows through.. 
The hen is looking even worse today. I saw her eat this morning but I didn't know if she had been drinking. I dripped some water into her beak and she swallowed it eagerly so I spoon fed her more water. Maybe I should have left her or even dispatched her but I'm too soft and would rather she faded away gently.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about the hen and her doing so poorly.
Reminds me of the lone hen I see on my morning walk. She is looking better now though after she has stopped pecking her feathers out.