Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Sunny Morning.

We were promised good weather for the morning so I was up nice and early. It was chilly but sunny and I managed to weed the rest of the paving around the scree garden and made a start on the scree garden itself. Although I try to avoid using chemicals in the garden hand weeding alone is not going to keep the slabs clear so I'm going to try a bit of an experiment. On one section I'll use standard weed killer and on another I'll use DIY weed killer made from vinegar and salt. It'll be interesting to see how they compare.
The first tentative drops of rain were falling when the post man arrived. He stopped halfway down the drive as there was a packet to be signed for. As I walked towards him I saw with horror that his van was rolling on down the hill towards the Rav. "Your car!" I squawked in my croaky voice. But I needn't have worried. He had a driver with him I guess he was showing a new post man the route. The post man did say I wasn't the first person to think his van was rolling away. Phew!
Then it was off to town, first to get a new tyre fitted on the Rav and then to do some shopping. I parked at Lidls  and spent over an hour in the High Street. I bought this Jasper Conran top in a charity shop. It was nearly £5! Charity shops are not that cheap these days. 
Then I did a fairly big shop in Tescos. I was hoping to pick up a pumpkin so I could make pumpkin soup and roast the seeds but there was not one to be seen. All sold out. It rained on and off for most of the afternoon and by the time I got home it was dark and I was worn out. Time for some sore throat medicine - a glass of Bailey's. I had some last night and it worked a treat though in deference to the vast amount of calories in it I halved my nightly chocolate ration.

No comments: