Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 October 2013

Wet and Warm.

I was working all day today so driving in to work I caught the tail end of the sunrise. I also managed to catch the tail end of Mr Lewis' cows walking across the road to their field. I had a very lively morning working with the reception children but it was fun. I was telling them to put on their coats for playtime as the forecast was for heavy rain and one little boy told me " If you want to know the weather you should watch the radio." It then poured with rain so playtime was a bit shorter than usual. 
In the afternoon I was back with the Year 2 children who were a bit lively as they only had about 15 mins running around outside once the torrential rain eased up a little. 
The parents wait in the playground to collect the children at 3.30 and when nearly all the children had been collected one mum came in to tell us she was sure she could see a False Widow Spider outside under the gutter. The class teacher (who is terrified of spiders) and I were a bit sceptical but we looked it up on the Internet and it was a possibility. Then we went back and prodded it with a broom handle and it looked just like the photos. Although the information says it only bites when provoked I can imagine that our kids might easily pick it up or poke it especially as they are learning about mini-beasts at the moment. We decided that it needed to be killed and although I don't mind spiders I was worried it might jump on me. So we went and got a male member of staff to squash it with the broom. Hopefully there are no more around.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Happy belated Anniversary!!! As for the spider..didn't look very nice and with children one can't tqke a chance.