Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 October 2013

Sunny.

We were promised a dry day and that's what we got at least until 3.00 (playtime). I was back out weeding this morning and though I was in the shade it was good to see the sun on the fields and trees around. I've got half-way up one of the long sides of paving and I started with the worst sections to make the job easier as I go along. The poor old hen is very much on her last legs. Or not on her legs as of yesterday. She is finding it hard to walk so I made sure she had water and corn where she could reach them. Each time I go up there I expect to find her 'gorn' but this evening she answered my call with a low cluck when I checked the hen house. At least it is still very mild.
The 2 acers down by the house were catching the sun just before I left for work.
Spot the bird ! I could hear a bird singing high up in the ash tree behind the house, 
but it was only when I enlarged the photo that I saw it was a woodpecker. 
I stayed on at school to stick work into books and then drove across town to the Post Office, right in the middle of our local rush hour. At least I remembered to cut through the industrial estate and avoided the long wait at the traffic lights on the Braunton road. Driving home I was startled by a small bird which flew up right in front of the car which I may well have hit. I was just getting over that when a branch sticking out of the hedge whacked the side if the car with a bang. It has taken a bit of paint off the front pillar but nothing else. I was waiting for a third thing to happen but I was driving carefully around the final blind bend when a massive feed lorry coming towards me caused me to stop so that doesn't really count.

No comments: