Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Muggy.

It's our 37th wedding anniversary today. We've stuck together through good times and bad and hopefully we will be able to celebrate many more years together.  
With both of us at work and me being on a fairly strict diet (can't manage without my daily ration of 2 bits of chocolate) we haven't planned a special meal this evening. This morning Peter gave me some champagne truffles and this magnificent orchid. I love orchids and I have a couple that are flowering for the 2nd or 3rd year though I have managed to kill off a few as well.  
An extra surprise was this basket of exotic fruit waiting for me when I came downstairs this morning. I allow myself as much fruit as I want and I've already put 2 of the passion fruit in some plain 0% fat yoghurt to eat after my salad tonight.
Even though I'm just paid for 2 hours in the afternoon today I was in school from 11.30 until after 5.00. I had gone in extra early to meet and observe some of the children with behaviour problems down in Reception as I am covering for 2 teaching assistants tomorrow morning and they work with these children. We didn't have our usual lunchtime staff meeting but I felt I ought to go to the after school staff meeting as we would be talking about the latest requirements for PE. I don't often take PE lessons but as it isn't my strongest subject I thought it would be useful to hear the latest changes. Nothing much is different except for much more emphasis on competitive sport even for the little ones. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Anniversary!! : )