Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 October 2013

Windy.

It rained first thing this morning but that didn't interfere with my plans as I was going in to town to meet with some friends for coffee. We had our coffee in the local department store which has more comfortable chairs but a less tempting choice of pastries. That's better for my diet though I still had a custard tart with my coffee. It looked home made and was a far cry from the factory produced custard tarts you can buy in the supermarket. It was great to catch up with my friends and we had a good chat. On my way home 3 collared doves flew down and stood in a line across the road looking at me from about 10ft away. They didn't fly off again until the last minute, I guess they were playing chicken.
Once again it was dry in the afternoon and I was able to get on with yet more weeding. Looking up at the clouds I could see that the wind was now coming from the south which explained why it was so warm. The oil tanker came down to top up our oil and mashed up my wood and soil dam across the road so fixing that was my final job. At least that I can do without hurting my back.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Always nice to spend a little time with friends.
A custard tart sounds delicious. : )