Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sunny.

It was beautiful and sunny today. At this time of the year everything in the garden stays wet and all the spiders' webs were glistening with dew. My first job of the morning was to release a little wren that was frantically fluttering around in the porch. 
This morning I tackled the brambles and nettles that were growing over the shed down in the yard. That called for heavy gardening gloves and my old coat to protect me from the prickles and stings. There is still a bit more to clear behind the shed and then I can train the Rambling Rector rose back into the hedgerow trees. 
I had a fairly relaxed afternoon with the Year 2  children and once they had gone home I stayed on to  stick work into their books. Then it was over to the post office to send a couple of letters abroad, a quick visit to the supermarket and home under almost cloudless skies.
Just remembered that the weather forecast was for significant rain later tonight so I better go up and check the dam.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, this is such a pretty time of year.