Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sunny.

It's been mostly sunny with the occasional shower. Peter took my car to work as he had a puncture last night (in the rain and dark). I've ordered a new tyre but they won't have it until tomorrow morning so he'll have to take my car again tomorrow.
The scaffolding man turned up this morning and spent the whole day putting up the scaffolding. After he left I did start to climb the ladder but even though it is tied in it was so bouncy that I chickened out. I didn't want to disturb the scaffolding man at his work so I spent the day indoors. I got the apples I cooked yesterday, sieved and put in containers in the freezer and I made a batch of swede and carrot mash which is also in the freezer. That's one thing made towards our Christmas dinner.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta.....Again you have me stumped "swede and carrot mash". I goggled swede and learned to me they are turnips. The recipe sounded very tasty so I shall give it a try soon. Thanks for making me expand my horizons. I would not attempt even though I might want to climbing scaffolding. I'm glad your better sense kicked in. Lovely photos today. The sun is shining here and I love it.

Ruta M. said...

The vegetable we call swede is what you call Swedish turnip or rutabaga. It's a traditional English vegetable which is used in soups and stews or is mashed with plenty of pepper and butter. I've eaten it where they have put cream in the mash but I thought that was too rich. Carrots make a good addition to the mash. And it freezes well. I hope you enjoy it.