Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Overcast.

It was kind of greyish this morning but I was determined to do some work in the garden especially as it is still warm. Once I was outside it seemed so much brighter than the gloomy view through our deep-set windows and I was immediately invigorated. It felt like a metaphor for the way my mind works - when I'm feeling down I want to curl up into a ball, both mentally and physically, but if I can take that one positive step into  life/action I suddenly find that things are so much better. 
Anyway, this morning I decided to see if I could get the rest of the purple loosestrife cut and cleared and with a bit of effort and sweat the job got done. 
I was teaching in the afternoon and before coming home I dropped into Tescos for a few things. 
Driving home I saw some pretty faces peering over a gate. By the time I stopped and  sorted out the camera they had all run away so I took a few pictures of the clouds from the next gateway. By that time curiosity had overcome fear and the calves were back trying to see what I was doing. There looks to be a bit of Guernsey or Jersey in some of those faces. Just then a lady came walking by with her 2 dogs so off went the calves again.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

The beauty of the cow's eyes...lovely. Thank you.

happyone said...

Love the cow picture!!!