Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 October 2013

Wet.

The weather today has changed from heavy rain to light drizzle with every variation between. I don't mind it being wet on a Monday because that gives me the perfect chance to get all the housework done. And as I look out of the kitchen window I can see the cheerful red acer out in the yard. I also typed up 60 children's names and addresses so they can write them on envelopes which they will be making themselves. A combination DT & geography lesson.
Last week at the art shop I spotted some beautiful cards made from pieces of shell (made into hummingbirds and butterflies) so I thought I'd make some cards using slate and glass that I collected on the beach yesterday. Most of Barricane beach is made of broken shells,stones and sea glass so I think I'll be taking a collecting trip down there next week. 
Poor Peter - he came home from work and was preparing his lunch for tomorrow when he realised that the shepherd's pie he had lovingly made yesterday afternoon was still in the oven. The oil rayburn burns 24/7 (hence our astronomical oil bill) and as it has its own chimney you can't smell anything until you open the oven door. Needless to say the shepherd's pie was a charred black lump and is now sitting outside on the grass. He had planned to have lunches of that shepherd's pie to relieve the monotony of sandwiches but it will be sandwiches again tomorrow.
He's just told me that his work place was hit by a mini tornado on Saturday. One worker, a very large person, opened the door to see what the massive banging was and nearly got sucked out, to everyone's amusement. The UK is apparently hit by lots of mini tornadoes each year but they rarely impinge on people's lives.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Oh no. Too bad about the shepherd's pie!!

Harriet said...

Ruta.....your cards are lovely. I think you should hang them as art. You have a good eye for symmetry.

Ruta M. said...

The gold star on the green glass tree is off centre and annoying me. I will try to prise it off and re-position it. I used a glue gun to stick the pieces on.