Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 August 2014

A Lovely Day.

My birthday started with a card, chocolates, an orchid and new MP4 player from Peter. And the sun was shining. The instructions on the MP4 player said to initially charge it for 8 hours so I haven't had a chance to see if it is as easy to work as Peter says. It's not one of those teeny tiny ones because I need a big screen to be able to actually see what I'm doing. All I want is to listen to music and audio books so an MP3 would have been adequate but you have to keep up with progress, so I'm told. And .... there is a cake in the fridge, well a pavlova really but that's even better. I haven't started on that yet because I had a slice of cheesecake that I brought home from Lindsay's yesterday. 
I was enjoying the morning sun when this big bouquet arrived from Vytas and Sally. No sooner had I put the flowers into 2 vases than I had a phone call from Vytas. He had just arrived at the muster so I was able to exchange greetings with our friends who were also there.
Today was the first time I seen a bird on the seed feeder since I made the chopstick perches. Apart from some work on my journal I declared today a holiday and had some time sitting outside reading. It was hot in the sun but then very cold when the many black clouds obscured the sun. I compromised in my attire by wearing flip-flops, shorts and sun hat for the sunny spells and a warm fleece for the cold spells. So at any one time half of me was wearing the right clothing. We planned to go down to Barricane Beach in the evening for a curry and took fleeces and jackets thinking it would be colder by the sea.
But when we arrived there was not a cloud in the sky and it was lovely and warm down on the beach which was totally full. It was high tide so everyone was crammed onto the top of the beach. Normally I don't like crowds but today there was just a gentle happy murmur all around and thank goodness no radios.
We arrived just after 5.30 and already we were order no 69 but luckily most people took their plates, proper china ones, down on to the beach. We shared a table with a couple who were here camping. The meal was delicious, this time I had all vegetable curries while Peter had a chicken curry with his selection. 
Afterwards we strolled back up the cliff and sat on a bench to watch the sun going down over Lundy. Then it was time to head for home where I doubled up our flood defences as we are due for rain tomorrow and heavy rain, indeed a yellow alert, for Monday. Typical Bank holiday weather!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Happy Birthday Ruta. I hope your day was as wonderful as it sounded. Best Wishes for a healthy, happy year ahead.