Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 August 2014

Wet.

The day started dry with dark clouds overhead and by lunchtime it was raining as I went off to the dentist which was a bit of a pain in the allegorical sense. First I waited half an hour for my appointment  with my increasingly sore back making me realise that the fancy oh so low chairs were not helping at which point I changed to sitting on the arm of the chair. Then the receptionist said my dentist was running late and would I mind coming back in an hour. Off I went to mooch around a big warehouse type of shop that sold an odd mixture of things with occasional bargains. Back again to the surgery where I finally got to see the dentist. He took some x-rays and said that there was possibly something happening at the base of one of my few remaining molars. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and I'm going back in 2 weeks so that he can take out the filling from that tooth to see what is happening at the bottom of the root. At that point there might be the possibility that the tooth will need a root canal filling. Yuck - not only for the actual procedure but if I have it done on the NHS they use one type of files and the tooth roots might break but If I pay £450 for private treatment they use smaller but more expensive equipment which has a better outcome. A difficult decision. But then on the way home I was checking out my teeth with my tongue, as you do, and I realised that that molar does not have a molar on the lower jaw to bite against so it wouldn't make any difference if it has to come out. 
After all that stress at the dentist, and I was tired from too much walking about yesterday, I  gave in and bought some 'comfort food' when I went up to Tesco's to get my prescription. (Comfort food included chocolate and biscuits.) I had a slow journey home caught in the Friday afternoon traffic as I went through town and then it was time to relax. And I hope to do as little as possible tomorrow.

No comments: