Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 August 2014

Sunny.

Summer returned, at least for today. Last night had been the first time in a long while that our bedroom felt cold. That might have had something to do with the wind blowing through the open windows, I do like the feel of fresh air in the house. When I was chatting to an architect about passive houses the other day I said that having a sealed home didn't appeal to me. His response was 'How often do you open your windows anyway?' 'March to October' was my answer. 
A Painted Lady.
I was a perfect day for sitting in the sun but also for mowing so I opted for mowing. That was after I had done my housework which included hoovering the sitting room because at long last I've finished brushing my big cream throw. No more bits of fluff sticking to me and the carpet. Knitting and playing the piano also featured today, very lady-like past-times.
A Brown Hawker?
The good weather had me boiling some tea towels before running a hot wash. Now the washing is dried, ironed and put away. I did find time for some sitting in the sun too. Jack and a friend came round to show Peter their BB guns so he took out his big air rifle and let them fire some pellets into the trees. That made them very happy. 
A Red Admiral.

No comments: