Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Windy.

Poor Peter woke up this morning with a swollen knee hardly able to walk. After an ice pack, magic gel and tablets he was able to hobble ..... and went off to work! He's got the next 2 days as holiday days which should give him a chance to recover.
This Golden Ringed dragonfly looks to have been in the wars. It's lost most of each of its front wings, a hungry bird perhaps? My poor pumpkin which yesterday resembled a hairy golden golf ball now looks like half a golf ball where the slugs had themselves a feast. I was so cross I sprinkled the last of my slug pellets around the veg plot. 
It has been very windy and threatening to rain for most of the day but there were some sunny spells too. Working carefully, sitting rather than kneeling, I was able to cut back the alchemilla around the pond and weed the path at the same time. I did find time to sit and read in the sun keeping an eye on the weather ready to take the washing down if any of the black clouds sent down a heavy shower.

No comments: