Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Wet.

Lots of heavy rain showers today with a few moments of sun. It feels like autumn now with the wind, rain and cooler temperatures.  I'm not holding out much hope for tonight's meteor watching. I kept checking last night but there were too many clouds racing across the sky though they were being dramatically lit by the extra large moon.
I did spend some time in the garden, a little gravel moving, some weeding and cutting back done. 
As I walked around I looked for the beauty of nature's details. A shield bug on a buddlia, trefoil in the wild meadow and a honey bee on the lamb's ears.
Otherwise my day has been spent doing housework and knitting. The cosy for the teapot is nearly done. I thought I had finished but I am making up the pattern as I go along and the shape of the top wasn't quite right so it had to be undone. Much harder than the actual knitting. 

No comments: