Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 August 2014

Windy.

The next time we have a yellow weather warning I'll go up and reinforce the dam before the storm hits us. This morning's rain was almost the heaviest I have seen. My normal dam was overrun so that the gravel filled the covered drains across the top of the drive and also filled up the little ditch that takes the water into the centre of the drive. That said the damage wasn't as much as it could have been. As soon as the rain slowed to a more tolerable rate I went out, cleared the blocked channels and added extra wood to the main dam and at the top of the drive. I also shifted some of the gravel that had been washed down into the yard and no that wasn't a good idea with my back. There was no more of the heavy rain during the day but I've left everything up as there is a possibility that it might return tonight.
 My extra defences.
A dry but very windy afternoon was forecast so I hung up one washing load on the line to get blown dry. I'd already twinged my back so I couldn't do any heavy work but I was still able to go over things with the long hoe and to do a little weeding in the scree garden. It was quite exhilarating being out in the wind.
Peter has spent most of the afternoon downloading stuff to rid my PC of unwanted ads and it looks as if he has been successful. At least I can get my Google home page without being redirected to Yahoo and so far no ads have appeared. While he was doing that the sight of unused wool got me thinking that I might as well knit a blue and white cosy for the tea pot too. I've made a start and hopefully there will be enough wool. If not the colours might suddenly change when I get to the top.

No comments: