Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Wet.

When I looked out of the window this morning it was grey and wet, so I went back to sleep for another hour. All that exercise yesterday seems to have done some good and last night I was able to get to sleep without being tormented by pins and needles racing up and down both legs which is what had been happening the previous few nights. I phoned up the physiotherapist at the hospital yesterday, mainly to find out how long I need to follow the advice on the leaflet and she said the pins and needles were quite common after spinal surgery and usually clear up after a while. 
There was some sun, heat even, in the middle of the day and I did some gardening. I'm trying to stick to things I can do without too much bending. I did some weeding on the stone wall and some dead heading of the buddlias. I cut back some brambles and pulled up the stinging nettles that were hanging over the drive and trimmed the grass that was growing into the runoff from my dam. My plan to go for a walk up the hill was thwarted by a heavy downpour so I carried on with my knitting instead. I've finished the cosy for the cafetiere  and have started on a small one for my little cafetiere. I need to replace the little cafetiere as somehow the glass has a crack in it so I shall have a look in the charity shops next time I'm in town. 

No comments: