Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 August 2014

Friday 22nd August.

It was a very wet start to the day it then became bright and breezy. There were a lot of dark clouds too but no more rain thank goodness. I was off for another outing to town to meet a friend for coffee and a chat at Lindsay's where they make the best cheesecakes. 
After our coffee I headed back to the High Street taking the lane that goes past the parish church. Halfway down I realised that the lane was filled with people who had just been to a funeral service so I took the side lane that leads to the Pannier Market. From the High Street it was possible to see the horse drawn hearse and I didn't think I would be impinging on anyone's privacy if I took a photo from there.  
I finished off my town visit by going to Tesco's to stock up on stuff for next week when the house will be full again. I also bought a half price acer, a purple leaved one that is different to the ones I already have. Peter is quite fond of the acers in pots and regularly give them the dregs from the beer barrel before he takes it back to the brewery. 
Peter came home with lots of sausages and mincemeat which he buys at a local butchers. I bagged up the mince into 1lb bags and the sausages into 4s before putting them all in the freezer. Apparently my biscuits went down very well at work which was a relief and now they are waiting for the next time I do some baking.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I LOVE those horses.