Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 August 2014

Hot.

Lots of sun today with very little wind making it feel rather hot (the garden thermometer read over 40/100). I'm washing my way through Peter's clothes as some of them in the plastic storage boxes are a little musty. I'll wash everything and then we'll have a good sort through. Peter made an appointment to see the GP (who then kept him waiting over 2 hours!) and the doctor said it is his ligament causing the problem. More pain killers and no rowing for a couple of weeks. 
I looked out of the stair window this morning to see a sparrow hanging by its neck from this bird feeder.  It must have reached in to get the last seeds and slipped from the twig. Luckily I was able to lift it up to release it and the bird flew off. I had to put the sticks in the holes of the feeder because the birds couldn't perch on the plastic but  I shall try and think of an alternative. A young rabbit wasn't so lucky this morning as I found Patch curled up on a chair with the rabbit behind him ..... for later.
Walking past the marjoram the air was filled with a tremendous buzzing as most of the bees have moved there. Lots of butterflies around and today I saw this fritillary, I think it's a sliver washed fritillary but there a number of very similar butterflies. So far this year I have counted 14 different species of butterfly in the garden. I couldn't resist doing some gardening today and carried on weeding the gravel path around the pond. For the rest of the time, in between hanging up washing, I've been playing the piano or reading in the sun.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love that first photo. We've been having a cool sunny day. So nice!!