Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Grey.

It was grey, windy and ccccold this morning though it does seem to be a little warmer now that it has rained. I'm blogging early as I wait for our friends to arrive in the next hour or so.  My day has been spent on a final clean up, no cobweb spared and cooking. I've baked a lemon drizzle cake which is just waiting to cool before I add the drizzle. I have made it before but I couldn't find a recipe in my books so I turned to the web instead. The first recipe called for 1 1/2 eggs, I mean who uses half an egg? That was the Mary Berry recipe so I used the BBC one instead which needed 4 eggs. Hopefully it will taste nice. Supper is under way, even for 4 it takes an early start if you want to use the Rayburn though there is always the hotplate. It's only sausage, mash, garlic mushrooms, beans and gravy but that's 5 pans to use! I've had it easy living on salads that only take one bowl.
There may only be one tiny pumpkin in the veg patch but the apples trees have done well this year. 

No comments: