Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Cloudy.

I've been gadding about for most of the day and  feel quite worn out. First I met 3 of my friends at the garden centre for coffee and a long chat.  We were sitting by a window, it was too cold to be outside, when we spotted this little rabbit. There was another one but it disappeared before I got my camera out.
After a lovely catch up I went on into town. Lidl's was my first stop and I took advantage of the 2 hours free parking to walk over the bridge to the High Street. There I changed my library books and had a look around some of the clothes shops. I didn't buy much apart from some peanuts and seeds for the bird feeders in Wilko's and some extra glittery nail polish which I thought would be good for craft work in the Accessorise sale. I did keep my eye open for a swimsuit in the sales as all mine are very old, even the newest must be at least 10 years old but didn't find anything I liked.
Then it was over to Tesco's for some basic items. On sale there (75% off) I found these children's foam garden kneelers which I thought would be just right for taking on our walks so that we would have something dry to sit on when we stop for coffee. In this wet climate the wooden benches are often damp or sometimes we like to sit on the rocks or the ground. I was still on the hunt for a swimsuit so I stopped at a big sportswear shop, where everything is always on sale. I tried on some sports swim shorts thinking I could wear them with the bikini top I bought for the garden but they weren't quite right. So I had a look at the swimsuits. My problem was that even having lost a lot of weight but not having a toned body, well okay a rather flabby one instead, all those high-cut legs would not be a good look. Then I found just what I wanted. A swimsuit with slightly longer legs that look like shorts. And it was black with a little purple trim, and cheap, so I bought it in the hope that I might try some body boarding at the end of the summer. Who knows, by next summer I may have slimmed and trimmed myself into a shape suitable for a skimpier swimsuit. Ha-ha! But if not I'll have something new to wear at the beach.
It was too cloudy last night for any meteor watching so it's bye-bye Perseid meteors for this year.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a nice day out. : )