Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 9 August 2014

Heavy Showers.

IMPORTANT - IGNORE any words highlighted in orange. They have been hijacked by the advertising thing that's putting adverts all over my screen which  Peter hasn't been able to get rid of yet.
I cracked open an eye at 6.00 to see a horrible grey sky so I quickly went back to sleep. At 8.00 the sun was shining in a blue sky so I  put a load in the washing machine. It wasn't long before I realised that it was going to be a morning of heavy showers with short warm spells between. There were a couple of dry hours in the afternoon so I moved the washing from above the Rayburn out on to the line. To keep an eye on the weather I worked outside. My trusty bow saw was enough to get the rest of the 12ft yew tree down though I've left some of the main trunk to be cut with the chain saw. Then, as part of my tidy up the hen run plan, I pulled up the weeds I could reach without too much bending. Fortunately/unfortunately there were a lot of those. I had taken the precaution of wearing wellies, the perfect addition to shorts and vest, but the stinging nettles got me a few times.
During a rainy spell I finished the cosy for the small cafetiere. (The temporary paper eyes were Peter's suggestion.) Originally I made the large cosy in 2 pieces thinking I would leave a gap for the spout but the spouts are so small that I'm sure the coffee would drip so the cosy has to be taken off before pouring. Still a much better solution than my usual method of draping a towel over the cafetiere.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your cozies are great. You have inspired me to take photos of butterflies. I then identify them with help from google. So far, it's been a nice challenge.