Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 August 2014

Departure Day.

We were woken this morning by the sound of birds clattering about on the roof and by the sun shinning through the windows. Peter went out with the gun and scared off the rooks on the roof and in the tree by firing pellets at them. 
Sadly it was departure day for our visitors but after breakfast we got Vytas to clear the gutter over our bedroom window before the ladders were put away. ...............................................................
There was then much marching up and down stairs as the cars were loaded up for the homeward journeys. All too soon it was time for the traditional family photos and off they went. It's been a lovely visit though I'm feeling a little tired after so many very late nights but when you only see people a couple of times a year naturally we spend as much time as possible in each other's company.
It all seemed very quiet after everyone had left. Peter and I dismantled the big table and I started getting washing in the machine and hoovering downstairs. The sun stayed out long enough for me to have an hour sitting outside before the clouds started rolling in. While I was reading Elwen came along with a small bird in her mouth. I chased her around the garden and for once I caught her before she hid in the bushes. She was so surprised she opened her mouth to hiss and with a startled squawk  the bird flew off into the trees.

No comments: