Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 August 2014

Mostly Wet.

Last night wasn't that cloudy so I wrapped up well, double layers of fleece under joggers and a warm winter coat, and did a little meteor watching. I settled down in the garden recliner, which was perfect for sky watching, up by the scree garden. I didn't have the full sky view that I would have got if I'd gone up the hill but I could see the Saucepan (Big Dipper) and the W (?). It was lovely lying there watching the occasional meteor and listening to the night sounds with the cats sitting on my lap and bats flitting overhead. I could hear cars on the main road and there was the faint but unmistakable thump thump of party music. A bit antisocial on a weekday night when people have to go to work. After an hour the clouds began to obscure the night sky so I headed back to bed.
Lots of heavy rain this morning with short bursts of sun and drier in the afternoon. I finished the tea cosy and used up most of the remaining wool making a pom-pom. The rest of the time I have been getting on with the housework, playing the piano and doing some mending.
Walking outside I could see Boris fast asleep in his field.
 He suddenly heard me and jumped up in a panic.
 Then turned around to come and say hello.
I'm not keen on any sort of flies but the metallic green of this Greenbottle is rather splendid.

No comments: