Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 August 2014

Windy.

It's been a wild and windy day today. Some showers but for the most part dry. I was able to get the drive back to normal though I didn't repeat yesterday's mistake of using the shovel and wheelbarrow. Instead I used the rake and shifted the gravel around using a trowel and bucket. I took down the extra wood and blocks to let the postman down the drive but I've put them back for the moment. 
Later in the afternoon after some 'rest' watching TV and knitting I went out and pulled & cut more of the weeds in the hen run. Even if it is only a little bit each day the job will eventually get done. I love being outside in the wild weather but for now I'm taking things carefully. 
Right now I'm being visited by all the cats who are trying to remind me that it is nearly food time. Earlier Patch was lying pressed against the Rayburn snoring so loudly I could hear him over the sound of the radio. 
This tiny chap, less than 1cm long was sitting on he stone steps. Small but very pretty. I think it's a stone fly but I can't get on to the images page at the moment. All I've found out so far is that trout like to eat them and they are an indicator of clean fast water.

No comments: