Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 August 2014

Overcast.

It's been overcast all day with soft rain settling in later in the afternoon. I planned to have a quiet day but first I decided to get 3 bedrooms ready for next week's visitors. I do keep one bedroom more or less ready for visitors but somehow 'stuff' seems to end up in the other spare rooms. Not a lot but it did take quite a while to move empty boxes, guitars etc into Romas' old room. I worry that Romas' room might be a little damp so I don't like to leave things in there permanently. Perhaps this will give me the incentive to sort out all the 'stuff'. By the time I had made up the beds, hoovered and wiped away any traces of spiders (my friend and her daughter both are scared of spiders, and generally got the rooms ready that was most of the day gone. All that I need to do to those rooms now is to put in fresh flowers and they will be ready for our visitors. 
After all that effort I slumped in front of the TV with a coffee and some pavlova, a suitable reward. 
I had a short walk around the garden in the rain, no butterflies only some white tailed bumble bees on the ice plants. The bears' britches is due to be moved this autumn as the small oak sapling next to it completely shaded it out so I was surprised to see that one flower spike had attempted to make it up through the oak branches. 

No comments: