Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 August 2014

Sunny.

It was quite cool in the morning but it warmed up in the afternoon, at times it was almost hot. I got a couple of loads of washing done and on the line and now it is all dried and ironed. Since Peter's knee is still bad I made use of the good weather and managed to mow all the grass. After all that I didn't feel too guilty about spending most of the afternoon simply sitting out in the sun and reading.
The birds had knocked the stick perches out of the round bird feeder so today I tried to do a better job. Fixing a couple of sawn down chopsticks with wire was relatively simple but after the incident where the sparrow was caught by its neck I wanted to ensure that the openings were safer. That was a harder job as the wire I was using was too thick and hard to handle. In the end I used some fluffy pipe cleaners to level off the bottoms of the openings. All I have to do is wait and see if the birds will use the feeder now that it is adorned with purple, red and green pipe cleaners.
No new butterflies today but I did see a little brown lizard sunning itself on the pile of old grass cuttings. I did find a bright blue/green lizard the other week but it was deceased. 

No comments: