Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 August 2014

Windy.

It's been much brighter today after a rather wet night. A lot more sun and very windy all day long though naturally I had just made a coffee and settled to read my book outside when down came some raindrops. It didn't rain for long but the wind made the cloudy spells a bit chilly. Peter has spent all afternoon downloading and doing stuff to my PC to try and get rid of unwanted adverts that keep popping up all over the place and if you try and click on the x button it takes you to another page. I think he's sorted that out but there's another nasty which keeps shifting me from Google to Yahoo. As my favourites are on Google then that's where I want to be and on a point of principle anything that turns up on my screen  via a virus will be avoided like the plague.
I was just having a wander around the garden during a sunny spell when I noticed a light coloured hen pheasant lying on her side on the drive. 'Oh no', I thought she was injured either by one of the cats or even a vehicle. But I had failed to recognise the standard chicken sunbathing position and as I went to pick her up she stood up and ran away. Then from behind me I heard the piping of a chick so she must have been the bird I saw the other day. My first move was to check the cats were in the house and close all the windows and doors as the chicks would be cat snacks in a moment. I went back outside but by then the hen and chicks had gone.

No comments: