Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 August 2014

Wet and Warm.

We woke up to rain which has been with us, sometimes light and sometimes heavy,  for the whole day. The wind has changed direction and now it is blowing up from the south it is very much warmer so that is something to be thankful for. As we will have visitors with us next weekend we listened to yesterday's omnibus edition of The Archers today instead.
My job for the day has been to clean up the conservatory. Conservatory in name and structure in reality it is more of a greenhouse, workshop and cat bedroom so there were plenty of cobwebs, insect bodies and sawdust to clear up. Thank goodness for my trusty hoover. Once everything had been sucked into the hoover I had a bit of a tidy up, put in some nails to keep a dangling electric cable out of the way and then had a final wipe over all the white window frames. It does look a lot better and I know that some of the men folk will probably spend time in there painting figures or even having a 40K wargame. While I had the hoover out I went over the sitting room in case I run out of time on Wednesday. Peter is busy putting some audio books on my MP5 player as I got a bit grumpy with him because the instruction book is hard to follow and neither of us could get it onto the menu page that it says comes up each time you turn on the power - not. I can get the calculator but when will I need that and also 15 Asian language to English dictionaries again not something I see myself ever using. Without the menu page we can't get radio either. All I wanted was a nice simple MP3 player to listen to music, audio books and the radio. Why do men feel that the more gizmos something has the better? It's like that with washing machines. Most of them have a plethora of options when I and I suspect most people, only need 3 different temperatures, half wash and an extra spin. As far as I'm concerned there's just more to go wrong. When something does the job extras are not improvements.

No comments: