Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 August 2014

Dentist !!!

I must have overdone things yesterday as my back and leg are complaining today. So much so that after waking at 4.00 I ended up downstairs by 5.00. In itself the pain was not that bad but it ruled out sleeping and lying down wasn't helping. At least I had done my housework by 6.00. My plan for the next few days is to take things easy.
I did have to go out in the morning for my dentist and hygienist appointments. With mixed results. The good thing about the hygienist appointment was that it didn't hurt. The bad thing was that the receptionist who had booked my back to back appointments had got the wrong day for the hygienist who only works alternate Saturdays so I'll see her later in the week. The good thing about the dentist was that there was no pain there either because  he only took x-rays. Bad thing was that there is a cavity under a crown on one molar. That's annoying because that hole was there the last time I had a check-up but the dentist didn't do anything about it. Double bad news for that is that if it just needs a filling the white crown will be replaced with a metal crown as apparently the NHS won't pay for white crowns at the back of your mouth anymore. Worse is that it may need a root canal filling and once again he stressed that the NHS version at £250 will be with inferior equipment and have not as good an outcome as the private (£450) treatment. I'm going to check all this with the PCT as that practice lied to me a few years back about what treatment was available under the NHS. Worse, worse, worse is that 3 molars on the other side also need root canal fillings or I can just have them removed - ouch. And to top it all I have bone loss in the jaw bones anyway. Time for some dentures? Oh well, at least we do have NHS dentistry faulty though the system is.
After all that mental stress I came home and tried to take things easy. It has been mostly warm-ish and dry so I've been sitting outside in a fleece and reading. I will admit to doing a little weeding but that was up on the slope and didn't really involve any bending.

No comments: